Re: host aliases

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 21:45:59 +0200
Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:

> Celejar <celejar@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I don't, in general, know the IP address. I have a system on my LAN,
> > accessible on the internet via a dynamic DNS name. I want to refer to
> > it by a short nickname. That's exactly what the 'HostName' option in
>
> How long are your hostnames? I deliberately choose short names for
> my computers ;)
>
> Regards,
> Andrei

Agreed, but since it's via dynamic DNS, it's 'foo.dynalias.org'. I
suppose I could switch to a DDNS provider with shorter names (dyndns
itself actually offers quite a variety of domains under which you can
have your hostname) ...

Celejar

--
ssuds.sourceforge.net - Home of Ssuds and Ssudg, a Simple Sudoku Solver
and Generator