rcs file

I am trying to initialize and update an rcs file manually. Here is what I am trying to do.

Debian woody

rcs v 5.7-13

TWiki - 24 Nov 2001

I am using the xconf plugin to parse an xconf file. This works fine.

I want to create an access page that will show each object in our object dictionary. I already have this part figured out.

My problem is one I create this page I have to manually edit it in TWiki  2 times to get it formatted correctly. In the background editing it twice creates the rcs revision file. I want to script this part also. I can create the initial rcs file, but I can not figure out how to update that file after I have updated the source file with my script. The initial rcs file is created without a rev number in it. Here are the steps I am doing

rm /var/www/twiki/data/Trash/ObjectModel.txt*

echo "---++ Objects in $branch" > /var/www/twiki/data/Trash/ObjectModel\.txt

rcs -i -b1 -t-"" /var/www/twiki/data/Trash/ObjectModel.txt

for i in $Objects ; do echo "%XCONF{myprogram, $i}" > /var/www/twiki/data/Trash/$i\Object\.txt ; echo "   * $i""Object" >> /var/www/twiki/data/Trash/ObjectModel\.txt ; done

rcsdiff -r1 /var/www/twiki/data/Trash/ObjectModel.txt

the last line does NOT create an updated revision file. That is my problem.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

Tony