Re: Sneakernet .deb packages by usb thumb?

On Mon, Mar 19, 2007 at 02:05:37PM -0400, Matthew K Poer wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-03-18 at 19:32 -0700, chussung@gmail.com wrote:
> > My desktop debian system is at home with no available internet
> > connection.
> >
> > Work provides internet with no linux.
> >
> > is there any way to aquire .deb packages from the repository and take
> > them home on a usb for install/upgrade?

> I think you can actually download a Debian installation CD and burn it,
> then add the cd to your /etc/apt/sources.list file, and grab packages

Isn't there a package for debian that lets you make custom CDs by
choosing what packages you want and it includes the depends that
aptitude will look for?  I wonder if its available on any of the live
CDs, e.g. grml.  Then you can boot the live CD, run the app, and make
the custom CD.

Or maybe work doesn't want you rebooting a box?

I see these issues:  updating apt on the home box, fetching the debs,
transporting them home and putting them somewhere for apt to use.

I hope this helps.

Doug.