Re: dvd + xine = 100% CPU?

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Hi,

I play .avi files with xine and get about 17% CPU usage with them.

I play a DVD with xine and the CPU shoots up to 97% and xine complains about missing frames.

No problem with newer PC's. A three years ago xine worked well on a thinkpad 600e (predecessor to T20), but shortly after with wine upgrades it no longer would run there, but OK on T20. Now I have a T42, and also a faster desktop, no problems. The older laptops and desktops will still play DVD's using Win98 and do the job but forget about using newer software.

Also try FFPLAY,