Re: Graphics cards

Użytkownik Thomas Jollans <thomas@jollans.com> napisał:
>On Sunday 18 March 2007 23:10, Peter Hillier-Brook wrote:
>> It looks like my graphics card is slowly dying and I would value input
>> on optimal chipsets/manufacturers for a replacement in the context of
>> Debian (Etch presently). No especial requirements in terms of high
>> performance, just something that is fully supported under Linux.
>
>not-too-recent ATi cards are fully supported, and, compared to other options
>(Matrox, what else is there...), more used and probably cheaper.
>
>Thomas Jollans

Also nvidia-based cards are well supported.

But if you don't need high performance there are also intel's gfx chips.
The drivers for intel gfx chips are open-source and have been incorporated
into the kernel so there is no need for additional drivers instalation if you
need 3D acceleration. But I don't know which intel chips are supported
by the drivers - probably all the new ones are, but if you decide then check
that out.

Tomek