Re: SMTP and ports 25 and 1025.

On Sun, Mar 18, 2007 at 02:13:08PM +0100, Albert Dengg wrote:
> to my knowlege, port 587 is for _authenticated_ message transmission,
> e.g. from your own users, not for server<->server.

Actually, 587 us the submission port.  It has nothing to do with
authentication.  Basically, the RFCs are written such that port 25 is
supposed to be use for the exchange of messages among mail servers and
port 587 is the port for users to introduce new messages to the system.

Regards,

-Roberto
--
Roberto C. Sánchez