Re: Installing Debian from a memory stick

On 3/17/07, andy <geek_show@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
Hi all

A few weeks' back I asked for some ideas re: installing Debian on a
laptop with a dodgy CD-R/W. I was wondering if I could do so using a USB
memory stick and if anyone has tried this. My primary concern is in
whether or not the BIOS will recognise the USB stick at boot, and how I
might encourage it to do so, or - alternatively - get to the boot stage
and then do the rest with a memory stick. If this involves using
floppies to get into a boot routine, which of the files are best for

Thanks for any help.