Re: How to write such sudoers?

Jeff Zhang wrote:
On 3/18/07, *Andy Smith* <andy@lug.org.uk <mailto:andy@lug.org.uk>> wrote:

    On Sun, Mar 18, 2007 at 12:36:50PM +0800, Jeff Zhang wrote:
    >    I want the user can execute commands through sudo with PASSWD and
    >    NOPASSWD for some exceptional commands, like nmap. I write
    the entity
    >    is lists bellow, but it seems not work.
    >    test  ALL = PASSWD: ALL, NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/nmap

    Try:

    test    ALL = NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/nmap, PASSWD: ALL

Thanks much for reply!
It works with the former line after reboot, maybe duce to some errors of the kernel as I just replaced an new one with some patches. The latter line will ask password always.

If you find the Sudo man page rather complex, here is an alternative approach to constructing a sudoers file based on tables: http://newbiedoc.berlios.de/wiki/How_to_configure_Sudo_to_run_programs_as_a_different_user#The_structure_of_the_Sudoers_file

--
Chris.