Re: nvidia-glx in experimental

On Sun, Mar 18, 2007 at 14:38:12 +0100, Tomek wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm willing to install the nvidia-glx package. I would like to install the package
> that is in experimental section but the package there depends on non-existent
> virtual package (nvidia-kernel-1.0.9746).
>
> Is it possible to install this package at all??
>
> I know that the nvidia driver in version 1.0.9746 is stable as I've been using it
> (installed with nvidia-installer) for a long time. Now I'm willing to have it installed
> the proper way and I don't want to switch back to an older version.

It seems that there are no pre-built modules for 1.0.9746. The source is
packaged in experimental, however:

$ apt-cache policy nvidia-kernel-source
nvidia-kernel-source:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 1.0.8776-4
  Version table:
     1.0.9746-2 0
          1 http://ftp.debian.org experimental/non-free Packages
     1.0.8776-4 0
        500 http://ftp.es.debian.org testing/non-free Packages
        500 http://ftp.es.debian.org unstable/non-free Packages

You can use module-assistant to build a .deb package for your kernel
from this source. This package will provide "nvidia-kernel-1.0.9746" and
therefore it will allow you to install the experimental nvidia-glx
package.

More information is available on the Debian Wiki:
http://wiki.debian.org/NvidiaGraphicsDrivers
http://wiki.debian.org/NvidiaGraphicsDrivers#head-da25e4acfc1b456e21717d2178b938ba4306e9cd

--
Regards,