Re: OT: Hardware Q's

Thanks for everyone's response!

Gnu_Raiz wrote:
Now saying that if you run dual head you will most likely use a graphics card, or another device to get the 2nd head to work. So I am a little perplexed why you might want an onboard VGA solution, as most will not drive two heads.
No, but it will run one head, and a PCI video card will run the second. I'm currently using (well, I _was_ using, until my mobo fried) an AGP and a PCI card. It'd be better to have a dual-monitor card I reckon, but that'd cost me some more "pocket change".

Just a quick side note as you know most 754, and 939 boards, and cpu's will be EOL, or end of life soon. That is one reason you will see these deals, as they are moving out inventory. If you wanted to spend a little more, you could pick up an AM2 board and a dual core cpu for about 50 -70 dollars more.

$50 is rather stiff to me.