Re: What do I use to reconfigure the network /after/ initial install on Etch?

John Hasler <jhasler@debian.org> wrote:

> Andrei writes:
> > The tools are useful for common stuff that should be preserved
> > across upgrades. It would be a PITA to do them again (by hand)
> > every time.
>
> Manual changes to conffiles are preserved.

Actually apt will ask to preserve changes or not. Because I want
to have the latest changes/comments I usually choose to install the
maintainers version and reintegrate my changes. There was a discussion
on -devel recently to do this automatically.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)