Gnome Power Manager + Debian Sid: does not recognize battery state and notification symbol not shown

Dear List.

I am running Debian Sid with latest Gnome 2.14.3 on my IBM Thinkpad T22.

Since Dist upgrade to Gnome Power Manager 2.14.3 it is noch working
properly anymore.

- the symbol in the notification area is not shown anymore

If I start gpm from menu and change notification from "always" to
something diffrent and back again, it shows up.

But battery state is not recognized. It says always "running on AC Power"
and no battery symbol is displayed.

Can someone please help or verify this behaviour?

TIA
Marcel