Re: console based cd burning (wodim and burn)

#include <hallo.h>
* Joerg Schilling [Thu, Mar 15 2007, 09:03:15PM]:

> Some Debian people did create this fork because they do not like to cooperate
> with the author in a fruitful way.

"fruitful" from our point of view implies fulfilling user requirements.
If you do not listen to them or are not ready to make compromises then
the cooperation based on solely on your terms is not fruitful.

> This is not related to license problems but to personal deficites from these people.

Really? We have been modifying cdrtools for years before. I wonder how
you can overlook the correlation of the license change and the final
fork triggering condition.

> Unfortunately Debian does not seem to be interested in doing the best for their

"does not seem" for whom actually?

> users but to avoid replacing the people in question by people who are intrested
> in a fuitful cooperation.

Grats, well chosen words to present the others as the source of trouble.
To clean up with your assumptions: there is no need to replace people
to put "pure cdrtools" packages into the archive. It just needs a
volunteer to package them and deal with you. If nobody from the hundreds
of maintainers is interested in a "fruitful cooperation" than it may
have some other reason.

Eduard.
--
Naja, Garbage Collector eben. Holt den Müll sogar vom Himmel.
       (Heise Trollforum über Java in der Flugzeugsteuerung)