Re: how to print unicode encoded file to ps

On Thu, Mar 15, 2007 at 11:34:47PM -0400, H.S. wrote:

> >I use kde. Konqueror(kwite)->file->print->print to file(ps) ,this is
> >my way. Gnome should also print it to file. Have a try?
> >

> Interesting, kwrite worked. Gedit, however, did not. The result in that
> case was the same as in u2ps, along with the same gnomeprint warning.
>
> So, looks like I have to fire up kwrite just to print a simple text file
> to a postscript file.

Have you tried LaTex?  Sure a .tex file starts with a preamble but you
could have two files head.tex (preamble) and tail.tex (\end{document}).
Then cat head.tex file.txt tail.tex > file.tex, then latex file.tex then
dvips file.dvi.  Then you have your file.ps.

Once this all works, write a script that takes your file.txt as an
argument and gives you file.ps.  All without X.

Doug.