how to print unicode encoded file to ps

Hello,

I am trying to print a text file containing different languages characters, in utf8 encoding, to a ps file. a2ps gives weird characters in the non-english character's place. Then I discovered u2ps, but it gives boxes instead with some messages given by the u2ps command:

$> u2ps  20070311-02.tag -o 20070311-02.ps

(gnome-u2ps:10989): GnomePrint-WARNING **: Problem while creating filter from 'frgba': filter 'frgba' is unknown

While searching google, I notice that there is probably a problem with the conversion of truetype fonts to ps fonts. Not sure if I am right though.

So, does anyone know what is the state of printing text files in unicode (or unicode files in general) to postscript files in Linux? And how do I accomplish the task I described above?

thanks,
->HS