Info pages problem (was "Re: Etch is REALLY fast! :-)")

On 1/31/07, Gustavo Franco <stratus@debian.org> wrote:
On 1/31/07, Wim De Smet <kromagg@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/31/07, Gustavo Franco <stratus@debian.org> wrote:
> >[...]
> > I've a question on behalf of the Debian Ombudsman Team:
> > - Is there any current issue you would like to see solved into our
> > post-etch release (Lenny) ?
>
> (...)
>
> I found some relevant bugreports. [1][2] Notice that that last bug has
> severity wishlist but if you think about it this will hit a lot of new
> debian users. They'll go into the manpage, see that they could be
> reading the info pages, try it and end up on the manpage. Doesn't
> break the functionality of the package much, but if the docs are so
> hopelessly borked how are users supposed to actually find them before
> coming into #debian or on this list asking questions?

Hi Wim,

Thanks for your feedback. Yes, you're right. Unfortunately, i think
the problem should be solved before the Etch freeze, since it isn't a
simple doc fix but probably will require a more intrusive patch into
dpkg. I'll look into this with the QA and release management teams and
will usertag the bugs to keep an eye on their progress.

When we are so close to release, is this still possible? How's the progress?