Re: Sirius radio streaming?

charlie derr wrote:

> Any clues on how I would get totem to play this apparent .asx file?  Is
> there a different application that would work better?  I assume there's
> lots of ugliness involving non-free codecs or some such, but I just
> wondered if anyone else had this working and could give some hints.

Look into Sipie... saves you a lot of trouble with grabbing urls, etc.

http://freshmeat.net/projects/sipie/

Requires mplayer, python + one module, wxpython if you want a GUI. Check
the readme here: http://eli.criffield.net/sipie/sipie_README

It's not pretty, but I've found it to be functional, and makes changing
channels tremendously easier.

jef