From: Ralf Jochner <ralf_jochner@hotmail.com>
Date: Mar 15, 2007 5:54 AM
Subject: Squid ICAP Feature
To: naoliv@debian.org

Hello,

i use since 6 Month now Debian as my favorite Linux Distribution and i am
really impressed how stable and secure it is :-)

For all applications that i needed, i found a good manual or howto, but at
the moment i really stick on a problem and have no ideas any more how to
solve it.

Actuall Distribution that i use is 3.1 Sarge r5

Problem:

I´d like to have a proxy server for my little network, because i share my
internet with some other people in the neighborhood and i want to give them
not the possibility to reach every crap in the internet. More important is
that i save my data to be infected with viruses and malware or rootkits. I
spoke with Kaspersky, they have now a virusscanner for proxy server squid,
but you have to enable ICAP support. Well when you install the originally
packages from debian, everything is doin´ fine so i am not very lucky that i
have to touch this packages and change them without professional help.
I hope you can help me, by giving me some instructions how i can enable this
ICAP stuff in the original debian package, or if it gives already one (which
i would prefer), where i can find such a package.

Thx for your help in advance!

Regards

Ralf