Re: What do I use to reconfigure the network /after/ initial install on Etch?

Jonathan Wilson wrote:

> Etherconf disappeared in Etch - I don't know why.

BTS is your friend for issues like this. I did a brief search and found that
the package has been orphaned upstream. So it was orphaned+removed in
debian as well.

> Does any utility exist in Etch for [re]configuring the basic network
> settings?
> Not a Gnome or KDE utility, because I don't install X on a lot of my
> boxes.

None that I am aware of. You have to do it by hand.

raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/