Re: What do I use to reconfigure the network /after/ initial install on Etch?

Jonathan Wilson wrote:
Hello,

On Debian Sarge, I used to use "dpkg-reconfigure etherconf" to reconfigure the network settings after the basic install was finished (if I needed to change the settings).

Just in case you don't know, "dpkg-reconfigure etherconf" brought up an ncurses interface for configuring network settings (IP Address, Gateway, DNS, host and domain name). It was a nice tool. It looked just like the installer's network config section.

Etherconf disappeared in Etch - I don't know why. I've been editing network interface files by hand but I don't like it.

Does any utility exist in Etch for [re]configuring the basic network settings?

Not a Gnome or KDE utility, because I don't install X on a lot of my boxes.
I've always edited the files by hand, but I guess that is a personal preference. I never had more than three boxes on my home network and changes are infrequent enough that I never felt the need for a front end to edit the files.

--
Marc Shapiro
mshapiro_42@yahoo.com