Re: Checking GPG Signatures - Debian Keyring is Huge !

I wrote:

> Stephen Cormier wrote:
>
>> Have you tried/heard of the --keyring option when using gpg? That way you only
>> need to specify the file containing the key not add it to your own keyring.
>
> I guess I could do that - I suppose I could also extract the relevant
> key from the Debian keyring and add it to my own for convenience.
>
> It still seems weird that there's no separately posted release-signing key.

[Just for completeness, and more to the point, but not wanting to flog a
dead horse]: I should have added, when you're on dial-up (yes .. some of
us still are) every 13Mb download is painful ... compared with the 2K
(say) that a separate release-signing key would take.

Is this 13Mb keyring also needed by the new package-signature-checking
apt-get ?

Okay - enough from me.

Cheers
Nick Boyce