man vs info

In man pages written by the FSF I see this advisory:

SEE ALSO
       The full documentation for sync is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If
       the info and sync programs are properly installed  at  your site, the
       command
              info coreutils sync
       should give you access to the complete manual.

which seems to imply that the man page does not contain the 'complete manual'.

Every time I've gone to the info page, it has contained the same information
though sometimes broken into smaller chunks it's all been there.

Has anyone seen am example where there was any more information in the info
pages than the man pages?

Mike