Re: OT: a dumb query? pls humor me

On Wed, 2007-03-14 at 09:05 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 03/13/07 18:59, Celejar wrote:
> > On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 17:15:02 +0100 Michelle Konzack
> > <linux4michelle@freenet.de> wrote:

> >> The USA are consuming over 40% of the worlds petrol resources
> >> and it is WHY THEY TRY TO STEAL THE PETROL FROM IRAK AND IRAN.
> >>
> >> And since the USA have arround 22% jobless peoples and very
> >
> > What's this about "22% jobless peoples" (not mocking the syntax,
> > just trying to ensure that I don't misquote her)? In another
>
> Mindless anti-American rantings.  During the Great Depression, the
> jobless rate was only 25%.

I say that during the Great Depression of the 30s that of the
un-employed, 100% were not employed.(1)

> > message, she claimed that: "UNO resources telling me that there
> > are currently 27% of jobless peoples in the USA, 8% in France and
> > arround 5% in Germany." Anyone have an explanation or source for
> > these figures? I am under the impression that the US has among
> > the lowest unemployment figures in the world, but that may just
> > be my jingoist bias :).
> >
> > Celejar

(1) The Great Depression didn't have 25%, it was much lower than that.
Taking the economics I have, I remember the range being in the range of
12%. But it was the banking system that failed that made it much worse
then. Imagine people losing ALL savings and not being able to recover
any of it. Huh, sort of like the retirement accounts of today...
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

the playfield. -- Thane Walkup