Re: Repartitioning, difficult and easy.

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 21:05:52 +0100
Martin Marcher <martin.marcher@openforce.com> wrote:

> Sorry, still not used to that my can't handle mailinglists accordingly

[snip]

> 1) you should have used lvm in the first place :)

I wanted to, but since I was leaving Windows on one partition, the installer wouldn't do guided partitioning with LVM [0].

> 2) the "clean" way to switch to lvm (possibly on top of raid) I use is:

[snipped some details]

> ## if you wan't to transfer root (/boot can't be on lvm so you later
> have to move it somewhere else if it's on the same FS)

Doesn't GRUB understand LVM these days [1]?

[snip]

> PLEASE NOTE: this is just from memory and may very well have some
> errors but it should give you a basic idea

Thanks for the tutorial; I'm considering migrating to LVM at some point.

Celejar

[1] http://grub.enbug.org/LVMandRAID