Re: emacs21 held hostage to installing other packages

On 2007-03-14, Charles Blair <c-blair@uiuc.edu> wrote:
>    I recently installed the testing (etch) incarnation of debian,
> and have added emacs (emacs21).  I would like to add gnumeric
> and a number of other packages, but aptitude warns me that, to
> do so, I have to downgrade some things (libc6 is one), and that
> this will delete emacs21.

I'm running etch with emacs21 installed. I just installed gnumeric
without problem using aptitude, so I'd guess the conflict isn't
related to Gnumeric. Both emacs21 and Gnumeric depend on libc6 >=
2.3.6-6, which should be fine. Aptitude provides the option to examine
conflicts before upgrading/installing, so you should be able to find
which other package is conflicting with your libc6 library and proceed
from there.

HTH,

--
Regards,