Re: OT: Linux Interview Questions

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007, Mike McClain wrote:

On 3/5/07, Deboo ^ <knowledgeful@gmail.com> wrote:
Can some of you post some Linux questions in general and also about
Debian? May be with short answers but that's not necessary. If I can
get a big list of questions, I'll try to get answers and the more
confident I will be.

Please also post tricky and troubleshooting questions.

Q) What file is most like a dictionary; that is, composed of
term - definition pairs? That is not part of any dictionary package.

Does nobody else think this sounds really Dilbert-esque? What sysadmin has to know, for example, all the options to ls without being able to refer to man, info, etc.?

Andrew J Perrin - andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu - http://perrin.socsci.unc.edu
Assistant Professor of Sociology; Book Review Editor, _Social Forces_
University of North Carolina - CB#3210, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3210 USA
New Book: http://www.press.uchicago.edu/cgi-bin/hfs.cgi/00/178592.ctl