Re: How to reject spam with embedded graphics

> Am 2007-03-07 17:24:58, schrieb Javier Viegas:
> > I don?t reccomend to block mails, based on IP addresses, this is for sure
> > going to cause a lot of false positive and block tons of legit mails, the
> > common thing is to use adsl or cable connection with dynamic IP so if a
> > spammer used that IP and some dnsbl list blacklisted it, its for sure that
> > when the same IP is  assigned to a legit nospammer user is going to have
> > several rejects from servers that consult that dnsbl list.

that's what dynamic IP rbl's are for. Since they can't be tracked, they must
relay through some static addresses (most often their ISP's mail server),
usually with SMTP authentication (although your ISP may allow you relaying
without auth, others will not, and may not even receive mail from you).

On 13.03.07 17:16, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Sorry but a DSL user has not to send Mails directly to a Mail-Host.

.... exactly.

> The DSL-Users should user there ISP provided SMTP-Relay.

not the dsl users, but the users with dynamically assigned IP addresses.
I do not care whether they are dial-up, ISDN, DSL, cable or wtf. If they do
not have their own IP (and thus can't effectively be blacklisted), they must
auth.

> All other is bullshit!
hm?

> I use <xbl-sbl.spamhaus.org> and it block over 90% of all incoming
> SPAM (arround 38.000 per day).  The rest is done by procmailfilters
> including clamav-ng and spamassassin.

you should switch to zen.spamhaus.org, sbl-xbl is going to die.

I use (not only) sorbs njabl (combined.njabl.org) and spamhaus, together
they are very effective.