Re: OT: Linux Interview Questions

Tarek Soliman wrote:
"What is the best desktop-environment and/or window-manager to be put on
a server?"
OK, my newbie answer: That's a trick question, right? Isn't the correct
answer "none" ?

I was gonna say "Tell that to Redhat and ORACLE UNBREAKABLE LINUX" but I
realized I don't know enough about them to say anything.
So I ask: Is debian the only distro that sows the seed of CLI? I'm
talking about having a "server" type computer, not a desktop.

I haven't used Red Hat in a while, but I used to have several Red Hat boxes set up without an X server installed at all. You had to choose the option to manually select packages during installation in order to get that.

    - Dave

--

Dave Parker
Utica College Department of