Re: Is that all there is to it??

> > Ummmm... is that it?!? Is it really that simple to upgrade?
> >

> Yes.  Isn't Debian nice?  If you want to be brave and do it again and
> run Sid.
>
> Joe

An even nicer thing is that you can run sid in a chroot and "try before
you upgrade" if you have enough space on a partition.

I ran sarge with sid in a chroot for a while until I got another machine
dedicated to running sid (so that production isn't affected by a
breakage in sid)

My experience (and this is probably outdated) is that testing is good as
long as there isn't any bugs. Bugs don't get resolved very fast. In sid
there's bugs almost everyday (if you have enough packages anyway) but
also there's fixes everyday.

--
Tarek