Re: Eclipse crash

On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 04:19:52PM +0100, Christian Ribeaud wrote:

> I am desperately trying to get Eclipse 3.2 working on my laptop. I
> upgrated java to JDK1.6 but it did not change anything. Crashes are not
> predicable and could happen at anytime. Starting Eclipse is not a
> problem. Buf, after a couple of minutes, I always get this kind of message:
>
> # An unexpected error has been detected by Java Runtime Environment:
> #
> #  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x00010203, pid=7256, tid=1075764144
> #
> # Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (1.6.0-b105 mixed mode, sharing)
> # Problematic frame:
> # C  0x00010203
> #
> # An error report file with more information is saved as hs_err_pid7256.log
> #
> # If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
> #   http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
> #

This is a long-shot, but it could be a memory issue.

Eclipse is a memory hog, how much memory do you have in your computer?
How much memory was it using before it crashed?

If you open several perspectives and views you will use more memory, so
doing that can help you get it to crash more often to get more data
about this.

Try doing a memtest (with knoppix maybe?) and see if your memory is ok

Also, what filesystem are you using in general and for the workspace
specifically?

--
Tarek