Multi-disk filesystem or aufs/unionfs alternative

Hi!

Can anyone recommend a multi-disk filesystem or a multi-filesystem filesystem (like aufs or unionfs) for use on a series of consumer-grade stand-alone disk (currently netting about 1.7TB)?

UnionFS doesn't support NFS-exporting and has issues with exporting via samba (files and directories are randomly not shown, at least to Windows-clients). aufs is a bit better, but it doesn't support nfs yet (and I've had some issues there, but the author is great on the feedback and bugfixing, so at the moment I have no issues with it).

I've used LVM, but the "lose one, lose all"-kinda philosophy doesn't really ring well with me (which makes aufs/unionfs) great. I've also used raid mirror / striping (with redundancy), but after a traumatic experience involving data-loss I've been scarred to not want to waste my disks on false security. In any case, limiting dataloss is good enough, the data isn't irreplaceable.

All tips appreciated, thanks.

Kindest regards, Jørgen P. Tjernø.