Re: ndiswrapper problem

L.V.Gandhi wrote:
On 3/12/07, Jan Schledermann <spamtrap@schledermann.org> wrote:

Celejar wrote:

> On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 12:47:08 -0800
> Freddy Freeloader <fredddy@cableone.net> wrote:
>
>> I have a problem with ndiswrapper on Sid.
>>
>> I have a built-in broadcom wireless chip in my laptop. I've been using >> ndiswrapper with it and it's worked fine. I also have a netgear wg11t
>
> Are you aware that the bcm43xx driver (included in recent kernels)
> supports Broadcom wireless chips natively? I'm using it with the built
> in Broadcom wireless chip on my laptop (Broadcom BCM4318 AirForce One
> 54g rev 02) and it works quite well.
>
> Celejar
I used the kernel driver as well. It was a disaster om my Dell Inspiron
510m. In stead of 54Mbit I'd get only +-10Mbit due mainly to lost
packages.
Installing ndiswrapper solved the problem.

Jan

In my inspiron 600m also bcm43xx didn't work. I had to go to ndiswrapper.

Yeah, bcm43xx is a real problem on my machine. I once got it to work, but only with open ap's, and since I won't run an open ap that was as far as that went. However, with newer kernels it makes my system very unstable. The system will hang for several seconds at a time and do it so often that the system is basically unusable, windows that are not maximized will jump around on the desktop, and other strange behavior. I've had to go with ndiswrapper to get it to work at all.