Re: ndiswrapper problem

On 3/12/07, Jan Schledermann <spamtrap@schledermann.org> wrote:
Celejar wrote:

> On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 12:47:08 -0800
> Freddy Freeloader <fredddy@cableone.net> wrote:
>
>> I have a problem with ndiswrapper on Sid.
>>
>> I have a built-in broadcom wireless chip in my laptop.  I've been using
>> ndiswrapper with it and it's worked fine.  I also have a netgear wg11t
>
> Are you aware that the bcm43xx driver (included in recent kernels)
> supports Broadcom wireless chips natively? I'm using it with the built
> in Broadcom wireless chip on my laptop (Broadcom BCM4318 AirForce One
> 54g rev 02) and it works quite well.
>
> Celejar
I used the kernel driver as well. It was a disaster om my Dell Inspiron
510m. In stead of 54Mbit I'd get only +-10Mbit due mainly to lost packages.
Installing ndiswrapper solved the problem.

Jan
In my inspiron 600m also bcm43xx didn't work. I had to go to ndiswrapper.

--
L.V.Gandhi
http://lvgandhi.tripod.com/