Re: authentication failure

On 12 Mar 2007, Kent West wrote:
> semgogo sem wrote:
> > I think that the password I'm typing in is correct. It worked fine a
> > week ago. I do nothing but try login using root by wrong password.
>
> I'm sorry, but your English fails me on this last sentence; I'm unsure
> what you're saying.
>
> Perhaps there is someone else who admins that box, and that person has
> changed root's password?

Something that's caught me out a couple of times has been that during an
upgrade the console keyboard layout got changed (UK to US) and the keys
were no longer doing what I thought they were. Since the OP is not a
native English speaker perhaps he has had the same thing happen.

To prevent it happening again I now use passwords that don't contain
symbols that differ in different keyboard layouts.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk
Microsoft-free zone - Using Linux Gnu-Debian