Re: authentication failure

semgogo sem wrote:
> I think that the password I'm typing in is correct. It worked fine a
> week ago. I do nothing but try login using root by wrong password.

I'm sorry, but your English fails me on this last sentence; I'm unsure
what you're saying.

Perhaps there is someone else who admins that box, and that person has
changed root's password?

If you've got sudo set up, you might try that instead.

You might try typing root's password at a normal prompt, just to make
sure you're not getting a wrong character from some mis-configured
keyboard setting or similar.

BTW, no need to CC: me; I already read the list.
Also, BTW, top-posting is generally discouraged on this list. (Google
"top-posting" if you need more info.)

--
Kent West
http://kentwest.blogspot.com <http://kentwest.blogspot.com/>