Re: Best File System for partitions over 600GB

Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
On Mon, Mar 12, 2007 at 03:01:00PM -0600, Mike McCarty wrote:

Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:

Ever worked with RHEL or Fedora (or Red Hat before that)?  They have

I don't run Debian.

$ uname -a
Linux Presario-1 2.6.10-1.771_FC2 #1 Mon Mar 28 00:50:14 EST 2005 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

The first Linux I installed was Red Hat 6.something.

I see.  My first Linux install was RedHat 8.  When a friend showed me
Debian I knew that it was possible for things to make sense.

Interesting. My girlfriend is getting very close to tossing
Debian out. Just last weekend, I convinced her to hang on
for just a bit longer, before reinstalling Windows. She's
pretty tired of no sound, inability to use a USB mouse,
inability to use her printer fully, inability to use her
camera's memory stick, and lack of response from Debian
maintainers.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.