Re: OT: suggestions for rugged portable computer

On Mon, Mar 12, 2007 at 08:57:27PM +0000, Clive Menzies wrote:
> On (12/03/07 16:10), Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 12, 2007 at 03:44:46PM -0400, Douglas Allan Tutty wrote:
> > > I'm going to be travelling in semi-wilderness and would like to take a
> > > computer with me.  Primarily for note-taking with vim, and when a
> >
> > Will you be travelling by vehicle (or by horse or otherwise mounted) or
> > will you be on foot and having to carry everything yourself?
>
> Perhaps it would be worth trying to get hold of a OLPC; they might
> appreciate someone giving it a real road test.
>
> http://www.laptop.org/
At the moment they are not water-tight. I've seen one a few time in the
last month at some local events. They would be nice for any use expect
gaming or video editing and would be almost 'throwawayable' at the
current price(180USD). It would last some light water spill as the
keyboard is rubber-coated and since it has no moving parts, it has no
problem with being shaken.
=Kev