Re: ndiswrapper problem

On Fri, 2007-03-09 at 11:24 -0500, Celejar wrote:
> Are you aware that the bcm43xx driver (included in recent kernels)
> supports Broadcom wireless chips natively? I'm using it with the built
> in Broadcom wireless chip on my laptop (Broadcom BCM4318 AirForce One
> 54g rev 02) and it works quite well.

There are several revisions of that chip (hence the "xx") and the driver
doesn't work equally well on all.  There are properly further
sub-revisions too that is not shown by lspci - I have the same one as
you and for me (up-to-date Etch with stock kernel as well as vanilla
2.6.21-rc2) it is unstable, fails to get an address from DHCP most of
the time, has poor range and poor performance.

Bizarrely, the interface seems to lose power or something every 1-2
minutes.  Not my connection to the AP - this is a lower level, it
happens even if I'm running airodump-ng.  All of a sudden I just see
nothing.  Only way to fix it is to rmmod and then modprobe bcm43xx

Hans