Re: [Debian-User] Re: More on Network Install

I'll start fresh and not snip.  I've been away so haven't seen the start
of this thread.  However, I am in Canada and I am on dialup.

I would suggest that you get one (any) box, get the netinst.iso for Etch
and do an install but don't choose any tasks.  What you get is a
minimally functional base debian system: no X, just a basic command line
system.  Then work up from there a bit at a time so you don't tax your
bandwidth.  Get aptitude if its not there by using apt-get or dselect or
whatever.  Then get apt proxy or apt-move.  These let you build up a
mirror as you use it.  Once you get this box fully set up, then other
boxes can use this box as the local mirror.  I think that apt-proxy will
fetch anything it is asked for that it doesn't have.

My sources list points to ftp://ftp3.nrc/ca/debian

Doug.