restricting internet access for some users

Hello,

On a computer connected to a router, which in turn is connected to the internet (more or less constantly), how do I restrict some users from accessing the internet.

The lan is actually in a small community office. A couple of computers are for the staff, but a third is set aside for a number of public users to use. It is running Ubuntu. I was asked how to restrict internet access from that computer (for example, users should be allowed to connect to the internet only during certain hours of a day) on a user by user basis. I am more familiar with Debian, hence the query here. Apparently, they want the administrator to have free access, but restricted access for other users on that computer.

Pointers will be helpful too,
thanks,
->HS