Re: proc not mounted, root read-only

Greg Folkert wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-03-11 at 03:23 +0100, Mirko Scurk wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Having problem with mixed debian woody/sarge with 2.4.27-2-386 kernel.
>> If I boot to single mode everything is just fine. Issuing from single
>> mode
>> "init 2" is also working OK. But when I boot regulary I get error:
>>
>> Starting system log daemon: syslogdchmod: changing permissions of
>> '/dev/xconsole': Read-only file system
>
> This leads me to believe you have a problem with your root filesystem or
> the hard-drive it is on.

Everything checked and seemed OK!

>> start-stop-daemon: nothing in /proc -not mounted?
>> Starting kernel log daemon: klogdstart-stop-daemon: nothing in /proc
>> -not
>> mounted?

Seems to me that something is wrong somewhere in initscripts. I had
similar problem on debian on sparc and remember that I inserted in one of
the start scripts "mount -o remount,rw /" but can't remember which one.

Does message "ide: late registration of driver." gives any additional
information?

Why "init 2" is working ok from single-mode?

-
Mirko Scurk