Re: tzdata package for Sarge - Daylight Savings Change

On Sat, Mar 10, 2007 at 07:50:20PM +1300, Chris Bannister wrote:

> I'd never suggest burying your head in the sand.
>
> tzdata was not available for Sarge. It was/is a recent addition.
> Which begs the question: Will we need to have the volatile repository in
> our sources.lst, and will it end up being an FAQ when Etch is out?

First, the phrase "begs the question" indicates a form of logical fallacy.
Your usage is not correct.  Please read up: http://begthequestion.info/

Second, there is already an existing volatile repository which is used
for things like updated spamassassin and clamav definitions, among other
things.

Third, Something like a change in daylight savings time is of sufficient
importance that the stable release is updated in order to prevent
breakages.  Sarge got the updated late last year.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez