Re: Graphical bittorrent clients in etch

On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 22:30:44 -0800
Steve Lamb <grey@dmiyu.org> wrote:

> Liam O'Toole wrote:
> > I am looking for a graphical bittorrent client for etch. My
> > requirements are that it supports encryption and integrates nicely
> > with the GNOME desktop. Here are the ones I have evaluated so far.
>
>     Given your constraints, none.  Linux BT clients are sorely
> lacking which is ironic given that BT core is written in Python and
> platform neutral.

What's more, in Debian the bittorrent core is stuck in the year 2004.
Apparently there are licence issues with more recent versions.

Never mind. I'll use the upstream azureus until the situation improves.

Thanks to all for the replies.

--

Liam