Re: issues after installing Etch

On Mar 8, 8:50 am, sub...@gmail.com wrote:
> My new install of Etch has a few issues.
>
> [1] Even though my keyboard mapping is correct, xterms and rxvt's
> don't have the Alt key mapped to Meta, like other apps do
> (emacs/xemacs, etc). Checked the keymapping in xkeycaps, and it was
> right. How do i fix the way .... blah, blah, blah.

Okay, i finally googled and tinkered enough, and figured this one
out. Had to put the following in my ~/.Xdefaults:
    XTerm*altSendsEscape: true
    XTerm*eightBitInput: false
And that solved it. Once again my fingers know what to do in an xterm.
Guess i'm naming that batch of beer after _me_.

> [2] I installed sawfish, and got it configured mostly. Can't do Alt-F1
> or Alt-F2 to get the Gnome popups for menu and 'run' (or whatever it's
> called). Any hints on this? It worked great on the Slackware 10.0 that
> i'm migrating from. No idea what's blocking it.

Could still use some help on this one, though. I have nary a clue.

/E