Re: [Fwd: Re: Debian Installer on DELL PowerEdge 850/860]

Damien Ferrand wrote:
On 09/03/07 14:02 -0500, David A. Parker wrote:
Anyway, as you probably know, hyper threading is not the same as having a second core. To the best of my knowledge, a dual-core CPU will always show 2 cores regardless of whether it supports hyper threading. I don't think you will see each core twice if they are hyper threaded.
I saw a /proc/cpuinfo from a Xeon 5060 (dual-core with hyper-threading), you
do see each core twice.

Thanks for the correction.  My mistake.

Ben, can you post your "cat /proc/cpuinfo" output for the box in question?

    - Dave

--

Dave Parker
Utica College Department of