Re: Thermal Monitor & automatic shutdown on over temperature event

Hi all, I have similar worries since I run a fanless EPIA. If load
gets to high and I'm not at home, or asleep I want the system to shut
down.
I wrote this small script using sensors to detect and warn high temps.
At  very high temps execute shutdown.

A wall-message and a 30 sek timeout is good if I'm at the desk and can
connect a fan and abort the shutdown. I run the script with nohup.

regards, David.

#!/bin/sh

HIGH=70
SHUTDOWN_TEMP=85
export HIGH
export SHUTDOWN_TEMP

while true
do

  # read temp
  TEMP=`sensors|grep 'CPU Temp'|cut -d+ -f2|cut -d. -f1`

  if [ "$TEMP" -gt "$HIGH" ];
  then
    echo "High temp: $TEMP > $HIGH" | wall
    sleep 2
  else
    if [ "$TEMP" -gt "$SHUTDOWN_TEMP" ];
    then
      echo "To hot, shutting down in 30 sek.!" | wall
      sleep 30
      sudo shutdown now
    else
      echo temp OK: $TEMP