Re: OT: Politics and other non-Debian ramblings

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 09:26:08 -0500
Curt Howland <Howland@priss.com> wrote:

[snip]

> Democracy _sucks_. It makes all problems worse and solves nothing. At
> least in a monarchy or oligarchy, the ruler has some small incentive
> to pass on a prosperous nation to their successor. These "elected"
> examples of sewage have incentive only to take every bit of loot they
> can before their term in office is up.
>
> At least with a tyrant, they can't use the excuse, "Well, you elected
> me. You must _want_ the rape you get."

What on earth are you talking about? Do you really mean that societies
are better off when governed by tyrants than when governed by
democratically elected governments? Do you think that this has been
historically true WRT the actual tyrants and actual democratic
governments that the world has experienced?

Celejar