Re: Ping: Curt Howland

Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.ca>
> So you don't mind taking a shit in the bed because you don't have
> to sleep in it.  Classy, Curt.  Real classy.

Not at all. It's an annoying action, and if it were in the context of
anything but a personal attack and massively off-topic threads, I
might feel some remorse.

I'm actually just a bit flattered that anyone gives a damn.

> > While you're looking for scapegoats, why not blame Kmail for not
> > having a "reply to encapsulated message" button?
>
> It does.

Shall I post the screen shots?

> Highlight the encapsulated message in the parts handler,
> the encapsulated message will appear in the preview pane.  You can
> then reply, reply to all or reply to list as usual.

It Does Not Work. All I get is the digest subject aggregate text, and
a subject line of "Re: debian-user-digest Digest V2007 #730". I've
tried the reply button, I've tried the "reply" button at the top
toolbar while that particular body part is displayed, highlighted,
selected, I've tried right-click context menus on the "body part", on
the "encapsulated message", within the "encapsulated message", and
nothing replies to the message itself. Only the digest.

Yes, the text in the main message windows (preview pane? ok) changes,
but the reply always contains the digest headers.

I really want to thank you, however, for trying. I appreciate it. I do
indeed wish it had worked, and I would gladly eat crow and tell
everyone how wonderful your advice is. Really.

And if I can find a way to do it (thank you again for the pointer,
maybe somewhere in the kmail docs it will show up), I will use it.
Really.

Wish me luck.

Curt-

- --