Re: accented chars. shown as question marks in non-browser tools, sarge

Thomas Dickey wrote:
H.S. <hs.samix@gmail.com> wrote:
Arlie Stephens wrote:

I've got the same basic problem with just about every tool I use,
notably my email client mutt. Other versions of linux have somehow

Do you use mutt in xterm? If so, it will be very difficult to get this right. Try this:

yawn (it requires reading the manpage, or using the uxterm script).

I was helping a friend setup his system with Indic fonts with unicode support some time ago (a few months). We couldn't get it working in xterm but it was a breeze to get gnome-terminal and konsole working with Indic fonts under UTF-8 locale. I recall at that time reading someplace that UTF-8 support for unicode is not complete in xterm. But I would sure like to be corrected ... even would be glad since I use xterm on a daily basis, especially when I am logged in remotely to my univ. machine.

xterm supports ANSI color, VT220 emulation and UTF-8
There's an faq at
	http://invisible-island.net/xterm/xterm.faq.html

I guess I am missing something here, the above page has no occurrence of UTF in it.

->HS

	ftp://invisible-island.net/xterm/