network problem since vserver installation

Hi,

after a relativle extended pause on this list of something about 2 years, I'm coming back to this list because I'm having a network problem for which I can't find a solution. Maybe I should say, I don't understand why I'm having it at all. I couldn't find anything via google either, so I hope someone here can help me.

I have a debian/testing system at home on which I was hosting some webservices for me and some friends of mine. Everything was all right until I set up a vserver to host the web services, so I could separate a bit my working environment and the server part of my System. The Vserver is up and running all right, but I know have the problem that I can't contact my system from the network anymore. Neither the host, nor the vserver. I configured a second IP-address for the vserver on the same nic, and from my host system I can connect to the services running on the vserver with the vservers IP and the outgoing network connections from both are working all right too. But The hole system isn't responding to the network anymore. I can ping the host and vserver from another computer, but I can't access any services on either of the installations. I tried to through away the hole vserver stuff, but the problem remains.

The network configuration seems all right to me so I really have no clue on what is going on.

Regards

Andreas